View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Third nut flush and ok low $200 PLO8 stars

This is a tough hand to play in a multiway pot oop. I have often bet such a hand myself on the flop, but I am not sure that it is the best play. Essentially you are hoping to win the pot directly on the flop. If someone raises you can fold. But most of the time someone will call and you will face difficult decisions for your entire stack on the two remaining betting rounds.

Moreover the turn play you have mentioned

[ QUOTE ]
if i doo bet and especially the button does raise, and he is very capable of re-raising a naked nut low, or a low with a worse flush draw, or even a nut low with something like two pair.... then what do i do,...

[/ QUOTE ]

is especially nasty (I know it because I use it myself pretty often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) and should influence your play on the flop.

Therefore I vote for a check on the flop. You will see how all the other players react before you have to put money in the pot. For example after a bet and a raise you can safely muck your hand. And if all players check you will have controlled the size of the pot and will know that your flush is probably the best for high. Moreover a check disguises the strength of your hand pretty well. These are the same reasons presented by tvent37 to check the turn but should rather be used to determine the best play on the flop imo.

I admit that a check will not simplify your decisions on the turn and river if Button bets. But it is the most flexible line overall imo.

After that turn card I prefer a check-raise because it is the most aggressive move and avoids any tough decision on the river.