View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I'd vote for nothing rather then the freerolls simply because it would annoy the people who want to keep them. I can't stand it when people make erroneous arguments in an effort to defend a position they hold completely out of self-interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess all of the arguments made to switch to monthly bonuses are made purely out of altruism and generosity?

My numbers were apparently off, since PokerBoy's convinced me that a bit under $3,000 is a much better estimate for 2007 Nova freeroll value than $4k-$5k. However, I don't think this invalidates the argument that there would be a significant nuber of Novas disappointed in losing $2k+ in EV.

Maybe I'm a sucker for marketing gimmicks, but I also happen to enjoy playing in freerolls with a "free" shot at a big payday more than just getting a few $s. I understand you disagree and elect not to play (as is obviously your perogative), but there are people who do actually enjoy these tourneys.

There was a debate in some thread a while back where someone said they were disappointed that Stars would pay cash to winners of WSOP sats / WSOP seats bought with FPPs rather than giving a non-refundable seat to the tourney (i.e., they did not WANT the option to take the cash). Dozens of 2+2ers called this guy a moron, not too many defended him. I was with the minority who got where he was coming from- I like having the occasional tourney you have to PLAY rather than having an option to turn the seat into cash value. To each his own, you don't have to agree to accept there are other valid points of view.