View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

Would it really be that sick?
They only rake $0.50 if the table is 2 or 3-handed.
Min-rake at 4-handed is $1.
I guess it would be a bit better because I agree that the super-rake and lack of FPP's really makes it tough to justify sitting at or starting such tables. But tables fill up quickly enough usually where I just don't think of this as being that sick since you just won't get that many 3-player hands for it to make much of a difference.

However, while I don't think it's a big deal I do think there really is no reason why they shouldn't give you a VPP when 3-handed at $0.50 rake.
$0.50 rake at 3-handed is the same contributed rake as $1 rake when 6-handed....about $0.17 contributed rake for each player. Yet on a 3-handed situation where you contribute your $0.17 you get nothing in return which definitely seems a bit unfair.

Correcting this is not complicated. Just make it minimum-rake of $0.50 for 2/4 limit and higher as suggested and you have suddenly given your players a greater incentive to start tables without really giving away the farm or anything. You are just giving the 3-handed players the same thing per contributed-rake that the 6-handed players already get.