View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: just found out i\'m down 20k LONG (with cliff notes)

I don't agree with the hate at all... if you would have gone to a diff school had you known you were going to pay then you definitely have reason to be upset.

If you would've gone along with the plan and been willing to fork over 20k even if you had known, then it sucks and is kinda douchey but you can't really complain about much.

However, I don't understand what kind of relationship you have with your parents where (a) they would try to pull the wool over your eyes like that and (b) instead of confronting them about it and having a serious discussion and telling them how you feel, you posted on an internet message board instead. I'm not trying to diss you or hate on you, but it seems really odd to me.

Tell your dad how you feel - if you want to do non profitable, life enriching stuff after college like travel or Teach for America or join the peace corps or work on a campaign or something and now you can't b/c you have to pay off debt see if your dad will pay it off for you now and allow you to pay him back in the future at zero interest plus inflation.