View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 AM

Default just found out i\'m down 20k LONG (with cliff notes)

I'm 20 and am going into my junior year of college,my parents are generally sneaky when it comes to financial transactions that involve me.

We are not incredibally rich, but for example we live in a house worth well over 1 million dollars. I go to a 30k a year school, I recieved an academic scholarship for around 14k a year. (my budget was keep it below 20k a year after scholarship, I did 30-14 for 16k)

They pay for most of my stuff... clothes (not all of them, but enough to manage with) food, gave me 3k for a car when I was 18...they don't give me spending money or anything like that, but DEFINATELY enough to live off of comftorably as a college student

I was under the assumption my Dad was paying for my college, which I was thankful for. I opened the mail today and it's some student loan bill, I question my Dad about it and he says don't worry I don't have to pay till six months after I graduate, he continues to say it will be around 20k.

CLiff notes:
Well off family provides for 99% of sons NECESSITES

Kid recieves 14k scholarship for 30k a year school and Dad agrees to pay for college if he goes there

2 years later kid finds student loan bills in the mail, Dad goes, o ya ur gonna owe around 20k when ur done with school...u signed some paper when u were 17 and not paying attention, u don't remember?