View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
The Suns won a big game late in the season in Dallas, and then beat them handily at home in a game that meant nothing to the Suns but was when DAL was still fighting for best record.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq,

Dallas was extremely beat up and injured in the last stretch and Avery practically conceded the #1 spot (he said his teams health in the playoffs is more important than his teams seeding) to the Spurs by not forcing Howard, Harris, and Griffin on the floor (plus Van Horn was out too) and instead sitting them and letting them rehab. Everyone in Dallas knew we were about to lose a lot of games in the last stretch for two reasons, 1) the most difficult remaining schedule in the NBA and 2) the key injuries to the team.

So, yeah, they won and they can win now and anytime but I don't mark those late season wins as special since we were losing ugly to the Warriors as well. If you remember, everyone around here was hating on Dallas saying they were the same ol' song and dance right around the end of the season when they started to lose and I was trying to defend them, making these same arguments and that the playoffs would be much different...I BELIEVE IN YOU AVERY!