View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
So I just looked this up. Dallas & Phoenix split the series this year 2-2. The two games Dallas won, their teams were different from what they are now. Dallas had Christie in one game and Phoenix had Kurt Thomas & no Tim Thomas. Griffin also got a lot of PT in those games, starting over Josh Howard.

In their latter two games, which the Suns won, they had Tim Thomas, and Dallas has their current team minus KVH. If I knew this I might have adjusted my Mavs in 5 predicted to Mavs in 7, but looking this over makes me think there's a decent possibility that the Suns make the Finals, which I thought was impossible before.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to take in consideration that Devon Harris was out for Game 3 and only plaed 7 minutes for the final game as he was just coming back from injury. The meetings between these two teams this in the regular season are somewhat trivial as to the players that will be on the floor tonight, the timing in which they played was just off is all.

So you can't really look back and say who has an edge for either team in my opinion if you are judging by matchups in the games that were played in the regular season b/c both played each other with different lineups every time due to injuries and whatnot.