View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Peters v. McCline

If you want to bet -750 on a fighter go ahead, but I have been burned a few times doing so (Once I even bet a bonus on a site on -600 on McCline vs. Zuri Lawerance how ironic is that)

This is boxing all it takes is one perfectly landed punch to end a fight or a twisted knee and injured patella.

Not to discredit you Post, but it doesn't take a whiz to tell people that you like a -750 fighter or that a -750 fighter has a good chance to win. That is clearly reflected in the odds.

The only time I would even think about laying odds like -600 and above on a fighter is if that said fighter is someone like Mayweather or Bernard Hopkins who has impeccable defense and even then they have to be taking on a total can.
Peter and McCline do not fit into each category.

I think Peter will win, I think Peter will blow out McCline and totally school him, but I DO NOT recommend betting on Peter on the moneyline.

Also Post you are right about Peter looking good. I saw pictures of him at the weigh-in and he looks in great shape (not overly muscled like in some of his earlier fights). On the other hand McCline looked like sh!t. Its obvious he has taken steroids, but he looks like he has wasted away. He used to be really muscle bound, looking more like a D-line man then a boxer, now he looks like a sicker version of himself (which who knows might be a better thing).

Tuds