View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Final Tally of B&M Ages

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Average Age: 34.6

Median Age: 33

I must admit I thought the B&M median age was going to be 36, so it is lower than i projected. I'm looking into the percentage of error for this sample size, and the percentage of respondents compared to the average unique visitors.

Total Respondents: 163.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a weighted average, using #posts (or similar fudge factor to reflect how active the poster is)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have that ability.

[/ QUOTE ]
This can be done on a spreadsheet - but would require manually retrieving the number of posts listed for each entrant (2+2 conveniently updates that field in all threads to equal the total number of posts). Once we have data for each poster (age and # of posts), a weighted average can be done by multiplying the two together, summing all such totals and then dividing by the sum of all posts. This is how I keep track of my winrate in terms of BB/hr across different LHE stakes.

As interesting as this might be, its meaning is offset by several mitigating factors:
1) people who have recently joined 2+2 would have fewer posts for factors unrelated to age
2) In order to accumulate huge numbers of posts, posters would have to have done it over many years (skewing to a higher weighted age).
3) the sample size is small enough that a few significant posters could alter the results

Having said all that - if I am unable to sleep some night, I might just do this...