View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Commerce hand vs CMO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't really think of a reason why AcTc checks the flop either though, seems like a monster flop, yet the hand doesn't seem strong enough to slowplay.. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a monster flop to be sure, but consider ranges for your opponents and go from there. ATc is invincible against aces with a worse kicker and has decent equity agasinst bigger aces(though they are never folding). If he can get a call in both spots it's almost always profitable regradless of what they have. The issue becomes when they have total garbage or underpairs that are ready to give up to a capper...in this spot you can only gain by checking because they will think "why would he check a big ace on this drawy board" and consider a call down with the middling pairs or even taking a shot trying to take the pot away. I think that I'd usually bet anyway, but checking here is definitely a reasonable play(unlike checking a hand with no showdown value). The very fat part of their range consists of hands that are either A) hopeless on a flop like this or B) ahead of you. Not sure what the ranges are vs. the pot size but I suspect that checking has definite +EV against a lot of opponents.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post sir. Was gonna post something similar but you beat me to it. Yours sounds better anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]