Thread: BBs Per Hour?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: BBs Per Hour?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing NL with 5/10 blinds, 4bb/hr would be $40/hr/table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

First off, when talking about no limit "BB/hr" or "BB/100" they are often referring to to ptBB, which is based of a LHE big bet, or double the big blind. Therefore 4 BB/hour in a 5/10 NL game is (most likely) $80/hour.

Secondly, BB/hour does not equal BB/table/hour. OP does not specify if he is talking about single or multiple tabling. If the above NL player single-tables, when he plays two tables, he doubles his BB/hour. Most professionals would give $$/hour, not BB, but just the same hourly rate usually takes into consideration the # of tables played. So player who plays 4 tables at a time and earns 4BB/hour only makes 1/BB per hour per table. See the difference?

Sorry to be a nit. I made it more confusing, didn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to BB's, not PTBB's, but I guess I should've specified. I was also referring to BB/table/hour as if you played the same number of tables all of the time. EX. I 4 table $5/$10 NL at 4 Bigblinds per hour per table. I would make 4 * 40 = $160/hr playing 4 tables. I understand what you were saying with adding/subtracting tables, though. Thanks for the correction.