View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Came Across an Interesting Book...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I had an interesting question crop up in my mind this morning as I thought about this book as some kind of biblical geometry/numerology.

So I looked up the birth of geometry. Wiki traces the birth of geometry to Thales of Miletus around 6 century B.C.
while wiki says about the OT: Most scholars agree that the Old Testament was composed and compiled between the 12th and the 2nd century BC.
Not sure where I'm going with this since there's probably more to the history of geometry but its an interesting fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show how a single geometric identity or axiom can be derived from the Bible.

Or I'll even lower the bar: Please explain what "some kind of biblical geometry" even means.

By the way, my post clearly has some kind of message board geometry. I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is something you're interested in having proved I suggest you prove or disprove it yourself. I looked up the dates question because the wiki article said a Pythagorean motto used to be "God is a Geometer". In fact this whole thread was for math guys input and something new to examine. I specifically said numerology/geometry. I'm not sure myself about the geometry link, but the bible seems to like to use numbers and that book I cited contends there is a pattern to the numbers.