View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Charged strategy discussion

I'm glad someone else loves this game as much as I do. I am by no means unbeatable in it as evidenced by my 60-20 record (most games i ever played), however i always try to keep a 3:1 ratio.

Here are some tips that I use:

If you are a fast captain, in the beginning of the game go up to the ball, but dont take it, most people will tackle you and you get a free item (sometimes a captain item)

You run faster without the ball and it gets charged as well so if your good with it you can use Z + Bones for some nice scoring dekes.

I almost never hit, i usually have 5 or less.

I use items + a person guaranteed to score thats why i like birdo so much.

If someone does a Bones charged up shot on me I always tackle them since I feel giving items is better then letting them score (ive also seen people run behind the goalie and pass the ball in midair).

I think i use all items very well and that is where most of my wins come from.

Things I need to improve on. Aerial passes, i am so bad at stopping people from spamming them that I have to resort to hitting the power hitters (only time i get a lot of hits).

I also need to overall improve my ability to intercept them even when they are not spammed.

My favorite thing to do is scoring in around 4-5 seconds using diddys deke. I also like his captains item.

Team Progression:

1.Peach-Birdo-Bones-Boo
2.Peach-Birdo-Bones-Koopa
3.Diddy (thanks to another player in a thread in bbv4life) -Birdo-Bones-Bones

I dont think im going to change this team as i feel i know them very well, and how to use them.