View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Wheeling Poker Room Review

[ QUOTE ]
the first burn and the first 3 cards peeled off were left face down like burn cards. so it was basically 4 burn cards, 1 board card, 1 burn & 1 board, 1 more burn and 1 more board card.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the most unusual, strictly mechanical dealing error about which I've ever read, seen or heard. I've committed more dealing attrocities than I care to admit. Compared to this, pushing the pot to wrong player is understandable. Must have been combination new dealer fatigue, allergy medication, sleep deprivation and anemia, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Now the whole table is yelling "no no no!" and he freezes. The Floor is called and says that the hand is dead and we should split the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only money you would be splitting are the 2 blinds, which makes this marginally acceptable. The problem with the two of you splitting the pot as a regularly accepted ruling is that if one or both of you are in collusion with the dealer, then the dealer could intentionally fubar the board and allow you two to split a bunch of dead money, or if he were working with just the player who had tabled what looked like an extremely likely losing hand then that player would be saved the risk of losing his stack. The dealer could even just be angry at a player and do this to negate what looks like his sure winner.

In this case, with $37. in the pot, the dealer may have raked $3, which would cover the blinds and in effect, just return each of your $17. put in. You didn't say if you had one of the blinds, but it doesn't appear that you did. If this had happened in a way where there was dead money in the pot, other than the blinds, then I hope the floor would not have allowed the two of you to split the pot.

A better solution would be to go through the regular procedure for a messed up flop. If the first burn card is identifiable, then leave it out and reshuffle all the cards that were subsequently put out, along with the deck stub and cut the deck, proceed with the flop, burn, turn, burn, and river.