View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Debate-Small to Med Pocket Pairs -Preflop action

1: Raise with all three (from CU too). I'd raise with any hand I'd consider calling with in a large, unraised, multiway pot. I like to blind steal and can handle the blinds playing back at me.

2: Call with all three.

3: This assume the raiser is the only one in the pot so far. I'll occasionally call with the 99 if I know the raiser might be making marginal raises. I'll usually fold 33, 66. b) I'll call about half the time with 99 and occasionally with 66 and 33 especially if I suspect the blinds will call too.

4: Raise the 9s, occasionally the 66 and 33 but usually just call with them. Playing the pairs without raising in a small pot is usually -EV but I tend to play like crap when I fold a pair that would have hit a set.

5: Call all three.

6: Occasionally call with 99, fold 66 and 33.

7: On a fairly passive table most of the time I'll call but I'll throw in a raise too now and then, esp. with the 99. Similar reasons from scenario 4.

8: a. Depends on who's trying to steal but usually reraise the 99, maybe the 66, but it's too likely it's a coinflip under the best circumstance and you're out of position. I'll always call with a pair.
b. I'll always raise the BB with a pair or any other decent hand unless the BB has given me a lot of trouble.