View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:39 AM

Default I propose a new poker rule

First the scenario that needs to be addressed; then my proposed remedy:

SCENARIO:

Seat 4 bets. Seat 6 calls. Dealer stops the action, because Seat 6 has acted out of turn. Dealer pushes Seat 6's chips back to him, and indicates that the action is on Seat 5.

Seat 6 is confused, because Seat 5 doesn't have any cards. Seat 6 expresses his confusion to the dealer.

The dealer assures Seat 6, "Yes, he has cards. You can't see them, because he's holding them in his left hand. The players to his right can see them. I, sitting directly across the table, can see them. I would imagine that almost everyone at the table can see them--except for you."

This scenario plays out at least once per down, every night of my life.

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION:

It should be illegal to hold your cards in your left hand in a matter that causes the player to your left to act out of turn. I suggest that if a player is caught holding his cards in this manner when his left-side neighbor acts out of turn, a penalty should be enforced.

Suggested penalties:

--Offending player is fined the amount of one Big Blind. This money goes to charity.

--Offending player must pay each player at the table an amount equal to one Small Blind.

No matter what penalty we decide upon, it is mandatory that the amount of the fine be doubled if the player gives the dealer a dirty look when she explains to him that it's HIS OWN FAULT the other guy acted out of turn.

I hate those dirty looks.