View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Week 3 NCAA Picks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
god, would anyone actually lay 10 points with michigan this week? that makes me wanna throw up

[/ QUOTE ]

ND did have something like 10 straight 3 and outs last week, so I'm pretty sure the bookies just threw their hands in the air said [censored] it, then pulled a number out of nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, Notre Dame is 119th in rushing offense and total offense, 117th in scoring offense, 107th in passing offense, 102nd in passing efficiency, and 119th in sacks allowed. Michigan, meanwhile, is 109th in rushing defense, 95th in passing defense, 116th in pass efficiency defense, 108th in total defense, and 101st in scoring defense, so somnething has to give, but who knows what all that mediocrity adds up to when Notre Dame has the ball? On the other hand, Notre Dame is ALSO 100th on rush defense, and Michigan has Mike Hart, and that has to work out well for the Wolverines.

Of course if Michigan has to pass... it's the #100 pass efficiency NOW FEATURING A BACKUP QB, against the #32 pass efficiency defense. If Notre Dame just puts 9 in the box all game things could be pretty pathetic when Michigan has the ball too. I guess it'll come down to turnovers and special teams, but neither team has been impressive in either of those areas either *watches Penn State's punt return contend for the Pontiac Game Changing Performance, then remembers two blocked field goals by Appalachian State, then sees neither team is averaging more than 20 yards per kick return*

Crapshoot of the week?