Thread: boxing training
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: boxing training

[ QUOTE ]

- we are all saying "guys", but I am surprised at the number of women who train. the guy who trained hillary swank for million dollar baby, hector roca, is a trainer there.

[/ QUOTE ]

flying to the wsop last year i sat next to Ann Wolfe. i didnt know who she was. she struck up a conversation w/ me and we talked for about an hour. ann said she was flying to vegas for a fight i belive.

she was very mild-mannered but i was starting to understand she was a well known boxer. she told a bit about her history that she homeless at one point, was hit by car while walking, and an acquaintance bought her a gym to run. she said a i asked her if she ever fought Laila Ali, my only point of reference for women's boxing. she said she had tried for some time but ali would not because ali didnt want the loss on her record. i kind of took her comments w/ a grain of salt after that.

i looked her up the next time i was by a computer and discovered how good and well-known she is in the boxing community. btw since then Mike Tyson has said that he wants to fight Ann (which will never materialize im sure).