View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: RUSTY KICKS BUTT!

Sklansky on Poker has a section dedicated to Razz. That's the only book I know of.

My opponent heads up was actually pretty aggressive, and I found him quite confusing at times. There was a time where I had, I think, 28K and was the bringin, he completed with a K up, I raised, he called. 4th gave us BOTH an 8, so it was xxK8 vs my 28K8 - and I believe he led out. At the time I read that for a totally [censored] bet, but there was no way I felt I could call.

This tournament was by no means a donkey fest. My table was actually 5-6 handed the first hour, because 3 players sat out (I assume, to escape the boredom of the low ante beginning? It didn't hurt then much, about 15-20% of their stacks. One of them made 400 chips first and then sat out). Of those 6, only one seemed too aggressive. The others were too passive on 3rd (not enough completing or raising) and some of them were too easy to read after 4th (ok, you don't like your hand when you are showing xxA28 but now you like it when you're showing xxA282?)

I saw almost no completely-donkey-calldowns, no open-completing with trash, not too much stupid bluffing, etc. The only consistently stupid behavior I saw was not giving up on steals... people would (correctly) open with AK5, get raised, call, hit a good 4th, bet, and then get locked into the hand.

BTW this is the best part about pokerstars... I got to see up front and close some terrible mistakes that I made, because I knew my opponent's hole cards for sure. In one really bad instance I read an opponent for a good 3 card starting hand when he really had a K down, and I gave him a free card on 4th because I believed that his hand was much better than mine at the time, and I did not want to risk getting check-raised.