View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: What is the most tragic thing you\'ve ever had to deal with

My healthy fit an active father, had a routine surgery at the age of 48 and the doctors mistreated him/made a mistake.
He had to be in bed and my sister and I had to take care of him on shift cause he could not walk without getting sick, he had to lay down all the time.
It took half a year til he was able to go around on his own again, not neediing help.
Now 5 years later he still suffers greatly from it, have to work part time, not able to play the same amount of sports, and problems with his blood pressure.

On the good side he did win a lawsuit giving him like 150.000 $ for hurt and loss of sallary, he also get paid full time for his parttime job, so he does not suffer finacial for it, but suffers still, and prob rest of his life for other peoples mistakes.

Then i know 2 guys who killed them self, one i went to school with (age 16) and one i played soccer with (age 19) they were not close to me, but used to see them, and talk to them regularly, due to them not being that close to me, i did not suffer but makes me think alot. There family members who i see from time to time, and some of my friends who were close to them.