View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Balancing Flop Caps

A.) 33, 99+, 78s+, QJ, 78(50%), A10(50%)
Being out of position affects this quite a bit. Most of the 50% listings I am not capping OOP, because my reason for putting in the extra bet is that I want to buy initiative on the next betting round. Most live players will rarely bet into the capping bettor with less than their top 20% percent of hands, and check a larger percentage of their draws. Capping a bit light can help get some information, might offer a free card, and if action gets especially heated on the turn we might be able to get away.

B.) Drop the lower end of the straight draw, and smaller flush draws from the range. It is too likely the caller is drawing to a flush or straight, and I don't want pay more to pull the weak end of one of these while he makes a stronger one. Add in two pair (910) however, since the pot is going to be padded a bit, and if no draws come in and it is unlikely the caller can beat this. Also add in some weaker top pair hands, A10 for sure, K10, Q10, and J10(25%). I'm pretty sure these hands are behind, but I'm not letting them go just yet and I want as much extra money in the pot if the turn improves them.