View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: NL100 AQ... how many barrels?

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn seems best according to his stats. As played, betting on the river is bad and I would just give it up at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought checking the turn might be best, but he called really quickly on the flop so I put him on a med strength made hand... any 9, or 88-33. Therefore I felt I might be able to fold him out with another barrel.

The turn was not a good bluff card, but I was UTG and felt like flexing and fired again, this time he thought for a few seconds before calling.

Riv low and he chkd after 2 secs... hmmm. At this point I really feel like I have his hand nailed at 9x or 77-44 and a third bullet might look very strong. Pushing and $45 might give the same result, but there are $57 out there that I'd love to have.

I bet 45 and he tanked down to 5-10 secs on time bank and called with 98. Bummer. Maybe mertzo is right and this is just not a good spot to 3 barrel. However, in that case I also think chking the turn is WAYYYY better.

With the timing tells, what do you guys think about a turn chk and a river AI raise?