View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Recaps?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100% of the recap is recorded earlier from the rehearsals. including melinda last night (unless there was some flaw in the pre-recorded segment that made them do an emergency change. this is done purely for "TV" purposes, as it gives them hours to make the compilation versus minutes and in the case of the last performer, seconds. they have been doing this since season 1.
not really too strange if you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Granny! Had never considered that before. I think all but the final recap are pre-recorded. For Melinda's, it was very short, and did include cheering audience shots where the others did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying melinda was not pre-recorded, but all of the rehearsal footage is taped before a live audience. the last performance only seems live in the recap because of the obvious applause at the end, but take a very close look again and i think you will see some subtle differences. there have been times that the only way i can tell is from a blink or small facial exprssion change between the pre-record and live. they obviously are told to rehearse as close to the performance as possible. if you have it on tivo, examine it closely and let us know. i think i saved it, so i will do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't think this is true, at least not all the time. Contestants have made mistakes that have showed up in the recaps many times. Also, it seems like a bad idea -- what if a contestant actually DOES screw up the part of the song they were going to use for the recap? And it's not that hard to make a montage like this in even a few minutes. Think of sporting events.

[/ QUOTE ]

whether or not you think it is true or not, does not change the fact that it is true.

as far as i know, 100% of the time, the recap is different than the live performance. so, apparently FOX has never thought it easier to make a quick comp, vs a polished one. i have never seen the opposite shown true.

melinda's, and all of the contestants recaps from last night were from taped performances, not live. last night the only indicator was misplaced bangs from one shot to the other, but it is normally VERY easy to spot.