View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: AK in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what was your reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasoning was inexperience!

I felt he was on an Ace draw also and did not take into account the flush problem.

NORMALLY I have learned to just be weak and check. People play ANYTHING and a cbet (what would yo suggest IF you cbet) just makes th pot larger for some guy chasing his pair of 7s (did not happen but . . . )

So you just 3 bet and take it right there?? normally?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, make your preflop 3-bet about pot-sized or slightly larger (BetPot script FTW).

On the flop, you have the disavantage of being OOP. Villain called your 3-bet, but I guess that doesn't mean much at NL10. You're HU, so make a biggish normal sized c-bet, 3/4 to full pot, since you want to charge draws.
Your weakish bet doesn't help in protecting your hand, or making clearer where you stand.

Now you are in trouble on the turn. Villain could have a set, or is trying to bluff you off the hand because you show weakness. However, his stats do not look very aggressive, so I feel safe to apply Baluga's theorem here: if your turn bet gets raised, TPTK is no longer good.

I would check/call the turn for pot control: I don't want to get all-in with just TP on this hand.