View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: My Christianity: Free Will

OP, possibly a bit off topic but I'm curious:

I grew up semi-Catholic (church 1-2x a month, and religious education until I was confirmed). I guess I am somewhere between agnostic/atheist at this point in my life (20yrs old). There is one thing about Catholicism that still really bugs me.

I don't have any hard statistics, but I'd say that 99% of Muslims, Jews, Christians who are born into their religion would never "switch" religions. They may certainly become non-religious but I think that it would be incredibly rare for you to see someone born as a Christian and eventually become a Muslim, or vice versa.

I am also not positive what the scripture says about this, but I believe that if you "reject" Jesus Christ/etc. then you are supposed to goto hell, and being Islamic would certainly seem to qualify as rejecting Jesus.

How do you reconcile the fact that people who grow up Islamic are almost NEVER going to become Christian? That is their way of life, it has been instilled in them from their parents since birth, and its completely unrealistic for them to become Christians.

If Christianity is "right" in the sense that Islam/Judaism is wrong, and the one God is a Christian God, how do you come to terms with all of these people who are essentially [censored] out of luck because of the way they are born?