Thread: Stud8 Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Stud8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I would 'play' your hand the same way, although my 'thoughts' about betting would greatly differ from yours. And, I'd be very surprised to see you have the best hand when your opponent makes his very first lead out bet on the river.

There were almost 8 big bets in the pot...will you have the best hand 1 in 8 times in that spot? Maybe. More so, I guess it's worth the call just to gain information, because if this player will only bet when he has a really good hand, then you can start to make more correct laydowns against him and save a bet or two.

That said, I wouldn't change a thing up until that point. And, because this was high-low, you should be betting 5th and 6th street even when you don't improve your high hand because you still have a low draw to go with what could very well still be the best hand.

On 5th, you have the top pair that is hidden plus you have the only low draw as extra outs as well, so, to even ponder the thought of not betting 5th would be criminal.

Also, when you make a bet, you're also giving them that chance to fold. And any time someone folds, it's a + sign for you, unless you had him completely nutted, which you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I kind of figured he had me on the river. That was more of a crying call. How is your thoughts on betting diffrent? I figured him for a pair of kings, and he was check calling down. I wanted him to fold so he didn't out race me to two pair. If I had bricked for the low on 5th would it have been right for me to check at that point? Thanks for the feed back. I feel better knowing the hand wasn't butched.