View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Card Dead in MTT - When to start calling/trying to steal

I often asked myself the same question. Over the time I recognized (yet not completely but I work on it) that the question is wrong.

Why? In MTT you always should take the line which has the most EV. In other words, if a certain move in a certain situation has a positive expectation, take it. If not - let it go.

Concerning your question: there is NO point (excepted with an M in the red/dead zone maybe) where limping with J7o or A8o (in EP) has a positive expectation. If you instead push a hand like J7o because you estimate the remaining opponents to "nearly" never call you because of a) your supertight image (actually related to you being card-dead) and b) their nitty play, then itīs nice.

Never do it just because you think that youīve waited long enough and have to make some move now.

=> Any move must have a positive expectation, otherwise its nonsense.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there an M level at which you should loosen your standards considerably for a hand or three to see what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any M-level has itīs own range of playable hands. Hands which are crappy with an M of 20 get playable with an M of 10 and vice versa. So - surely you loosen up your standards with decreasing M. But this is mainly related to your <u>raising/pushing</u>-standard, not your calling-standard!