View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: 20k hand checkup (+First 10k at 50NL)

*2 minutes of laughter@ norton comment*

Ship:

Yeah, so far I'm down 1/2 a BI with KK. It's getting to the point where I see it and cringe. lol As for the cold-calling, I'm still trying to get an idea of what the "standard" range would be for calling a 3bet at 50NL. My thinking is that if all it does is fold out hands I beat, I may be better off cold-calling...at least until I get a better idea of what 50NL is like. I haven't seen your numbers, but if you'd like to share them, send me an IM. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The macaroni&cheese was hella successful. I'd be happy to share the recipe lol. (I'm serious, BTW)

novel: Yeah I should get around to the norton thang. I changed my preflop game for a few reasons.

a) My vpip was really low and I felt like I was leaving a lot of money at the table by playing so tightly. I figured that I read, post hands, and think about the game a lot (even though it doesn't show sometimes) and that I'm (hopefully) at least on par with other players at the level. Playing more hands (to a degree) should make me more money.

b) I found myself in a lot of bad spots when I raised small PPs from EP. (namely I think I was playing too many big pots OOP) and I cbet too much (IMO)

c) I wasn't stealing enough. I think my % to steal was something like 20 or 21. I really felt like this was costing me money.

d) Honestly, my old preflop strategy wasn't fun. I wasn't playing scs or suited aces and because of that, I found less opportunities to semi-bluff, and made very little money from straights and flushes. After a while, I think I got too easy to read as well.