View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: River my Flush and madness breaks out

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call the river bet, but why did you play your weak fd like that on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're talking about the call/re-raise line I took on the flop?

Basically the call from the villain one meant draw to me, and the minraise, from the other villain was something that I saw him do earlier when he was unsure of himself. Sensing weakness from both, and having the betting re-opened, I tried to make it look like I had a monster with a semi-bluff re-raise. I figured if the villain who had position on me called, he would be almost out, so I wasn't worried about later streets with him. I had position on the big stack and figured if he called I might be able to get a free card on the turn if I needed it.

In the end, I kept both in, built the pot, and got my free card. Never mind the fact that a little fold equity never hurt anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rationale for the call/reraise seems good, but I do have a couple of counter-observations:

(1) If the PFR has a draw, like you suspect, then that's not good news for you unless you can drive him out (I mean, the most obvious draw on the flop is the flush draw).

(2) Quite likely, you paid more on the flop for your "free" card than you would have had to on the turn.

Folding equity is great, if you have it, but you do need it.

Nevertheless, getting called twice on the flop isn't such a horrible result either provided you're the only one with a flush draw and no one has a set.