View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it unacceptable to speculate as to *why* this happened?

Unless someone here knew Taylor personally, nobody who is posting has the slightest idea what kind of person he was. IMO who he was lies in the spectrum ranging from "Great guy" to "dirtbag" and I have precisely zero evidence of where to place him in that spectrum.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second paragraph applies to the first. The people in the media doing the speculating are generally asshats with degrees in sports journalism or something similarly worthless. Instead of Rachel Nichols pretending to be on CSI or Jim Rome playing the role of homicide detective, why not just leave it at "the investigation is ongoing" and show some respect for the deceased instead of speculating just for shock value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. But the truth is, all the true crime shows on TV these days makes everybody want to be a sleuth. I mean, look at the whole Drew Peterson case. Is the Today Show helping by acting like lead investigator?

That being said, it's human nature to ask "wtf happened?", and to speculate. That's one thing the media gets paid to do. Feed on and profit from human nature.