View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Hey, we haven\'t had a fold kings preflop discussion in minutes..

I never post these but I actually have one where I'm angry with myself. I want to see if anyone agrees with where I'm coming from here....

$50 NL on Full tilt. We are currently 5 handed.

I have $75.60 and I'm in the BB.

Villain has approx $50 and is UTG+1. TAG stats... something like 15/7 and I had about 150 hands. I believe I was running nitty too at this table but not as much 22/11ish.

I have not shown down anything stupid and should have a good image.

UTG folds, Villain potraises to $1.75. Button and SB both call. I potraise it to $8.75 from the BB. Villain immediately 4 bets it to $25. folds to me.

Here was my thoughts that I completely ignored.
(1) I don't think for a second he thinks I'm bluffing. I haven't showed down any bluffs. I'm out of position yet I raised an EP nitty open-raiser with 2 smoothcallers.
(2) He RERAISES me without pushing... he's essentially isolating me, pot committing us both without pushing. And he's doing this with 2 people still to act after him.
(3) I can't stress that I'm the 2nd nittiest player at this table and should have a great table image.

His bet is begging me to call or push.

I know its only 100bb but come on... I just don't see a guy that nitty doing this with AK because I think this player is smart enough to know what I'm representing. I may as well have just flipped my cards over preflop. There's no way he puts me on anything worse then QQ/KK/AA... at worst AK... Frankly, his raise to $25 is scarier then a push because he's trying to keep me in.

Work with me.