View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Calling Pre-flop? Strongly Consider 3-Betting Instead (NLTRN The

[ QUOTE ]
For sure, against very loose players willing to call your 3-bet wide, then you'd only want to 3-bet for value. Not having some chance of winning immediately obviously makes the 3-bet much less desirable.

I really don't like playing raised pots OOP, and I'll agree with Chicago that sticking to a positional game is certainly higher priority. But against the type of opponent who is raising his button a lot, I will absolutely go ahead and 3-bet him the majority of the time I'm not folding.

Do others find that your opponents rarely fold to OOP 3-bets? Now how about just those opponents who are raising their button wide?

daveT, PO does not give me a BB/100 stat in tourney play, but T$Won/Hand during Stars t10-t20 over a relatively small 1500 hand sample size is:

Button: 10.11
BB: -3.17

-- Collin

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem with this is that most players who are raising a wide range will also call you with a wide range, and the ones who are tight are going to have strong hands that you REALLY don't want to play against in a huge pot OOP.

Which type of villains is this ideal to use against? "Average" ones?