View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

On the flop your hand looks like something that was huge pf that doesn't want to get called, like a KK or QQ or something. Your opponent sniffed this out immediately and imo is range is any two here. You confirm this by not betting the turn.

The river is an interesting card, putting quads on board. Villain bets the river knowing that you don't like your hand and thinks he can take it down right there. I have villain on any two in this spot. If I were you, I would attempt a min-raise to find out exactly where you are in the hand and pick off a bluff from your opponent, but if you get played back at he actually does have the scary ace and you have to fold.

Also the bet's small enough that you can make a call for information here, this also serves good metagame purpose because your opponent will think you call him down way too loose and will try to value bet more. Establishing metagame is a very important part of HU play, especially at the stakes you are playing at.

Try to play your hand a little less transparently next time. I reccomend checking behind on the flop to create the image that you're trapping and trying to extract a bet on the turn. A lot of opponents like to bet after you check the flop, then you can raise and spring the "trap". Higher level thinking is almost as important as metagame at the $2.15s.