View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Finally got a hold of my friend who works for the CME!

I'll keep you updated because I'm hoping that he can give some advice as a whole. Yeah, this probably is like a BBV thread, but I'm hoping that something can come from it.

Here is what he said so far:

"I'm a futures trader with a firm here in chicago, I trade at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, but the best thing about this job is if I want, I can just work from home over the computer anytime... so its pretty awesome."

A little background on him as far as I know...

I met him in the Fall of 2004 when we were both in the Finance Association here at my college. Through talking to him I found out that he was an awesome stock trader. He used the 50/100 EMA crossover strategy and did really well, running up his account 200k in about 2-3 years. He said he has only worked a job for 3 weeks up to that point when I met him. He was always good at sportsbetting too. He is a big Chicago Bulls fan and would bet on 10 different lines for the Bulls, different prop bets. It wasn't uncommon for him to win a couple thousand a night. In fact, one of those years, 05 I think, he bet $1000 at the beginning of the year that the Bulls would make the playoffs. They did, and he got paid $10,000. One time he made an options trade on some firm and it went the wrong way and he lost $10,000 and felt devastated because he never lost that much money. It basically crippled him at the time, but of course, he made his way back. He also traded foreign exchange and one time he decided to trade a demo FX account and after a couple weeks or so, the company deactivated his demo account because he was crushing it. He read a lot of books, and alot of annual reports. Everyday he would go through every industry, every company, look at their charts to find 50/100 EMA crossovers, and he would read their news that you find on Yahoo Finance. He did that every single day, every industry, every company.

He ended up graduating at the end of that year and I couldn't find him for like 2 years. Now I just found him on Facebook.

We'll see where this goes and what I can get from him. I hope it turns out as I expect.