View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Suited Big Slick - Too Weak?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although your opponent having KK here is mathematically quite rare, that’s what the action is telling us. But if you don’t have good read on him/her, I wouldn’t suggest folding here. At these limits you just can’t make these “big” lay downs, because these guys are able to play very unorthodoxly. I wouldn’t still raise either, because of the previous action here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about AK? What about A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something similar?

I challenge the idea that the limit has much to do with anything here, and that the only reason we shouldn't fold is that it's micros. I wouldn't fold here even if this were a 10/20+ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no way I was laying it down. My question was should I slow down after the turn raise. Given the preflop action, I put villian on AA, KK or AK. I'm behind AA and KK and chopping with AK. Is my range too narrow? No way I'm folding on the turn or river, but was I too weak/tight by using such a small range?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not, but it would depend for me on whether the stats of "several hundred hands" meant 200 or something like 900. if the latter, it's unlikely but possible that he'd 3 bet QQ or AQs preflop...and then he'd either have to be making a move on you or have AQdd.