View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: How do you remember everything? (swing questions)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids,

Bitcho is right. There's no point writing it down because it's a touch/feel thing, PARTICULARLY with less than full shots. When I'm practicing/playing a lot I just know the swing I need to hit an e.g. 70 yard L-wedge shot (roughly 70% of its full distance).

It's worth mentioning that these half wedges are the absolute devil to most high handicappers. They can't figure out how much to take off, hit it fat, thin, etc., and most don't invest the time or effort to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there somewhere I can look to see how far I should probably be hitting my clubs? I think I was only hitting my lob wedge (60*) about 60 to 70 at most, this was at the range, down hill about 5 feet. I have a lob, and a pitching wedge, my pitching wedge I can full swing about 125ish, do I need something for in between, or should I work out how much swing is needed for the P/L firsT?

[/ QUOTE ]

This entirely depends on whether you NEED something for that distance. Personally, I carry 4 wedges. As a very long hitter, I find it easier to score from <150 with multiple wedges.

For ex)
I have a 48 PW, a 51 Gap wedge, a 56 SW and a 60LW (considering an XW at some point, we'll see). Full swings are 150, 125, 110, and 100, but with the variety of non-full swings, I can be anywhere inside of 150 and have lots of shot options...and that's what's really important: OPTIONS.

So, if you can play fine without filling the gap, then you don't necessarily 'need' to fill it...but I strongly suggest you have 3 wedges minimum.