View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Do you remember this 2003 MLB trade? (possibly worst in recent mem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont believe either was anywhere near a top prospect when the deal was made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to phb's post, not this trade. I don't remember how highly Liriano and Bonser were thought of at the time of the trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the one were I said "prospects" aren't worth much? And that sometimes "top prospects" flame out?

Quality interpretation of my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said prospects aren't worth much. Since "prospects" includes all qualities, the only possible way to interpret your post was that no prospect is "worth that much in the grand scheme of things."

I know you suck as a baseball poster, but at least try to make your poor, inaccurate points coherently.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Prospects" means all minor leaguers who are "on path" for possible MLB action. Thus, prospects aren't worth much to an MLB team, because most of them never see any meaningful action. This is especially more true for a larger market team who can buy players (the extreme case being NYY).

"Top prospects" are obviously worth more than average prospects. Please go away after admitting that you jumped to a poor conclusion. And study the career path of Joe Borchard as homework.