View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: How to build credit

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see why people are getting up in arms with Henry over this. I'd assume for the 6k a year that is a fairly high end amount of apporama a year (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) and you'd likely have to do a significant amount of book keeping as one or two late payments can basically destroy the entire earnings of the plan. I'd also hate to see just dealing with the mail issue. Or the fact that there will be stigma when you apply for a job. Especially a high end career type job. You wanna finish law school and a get a job, they'll pull your credit and see you have 120938102983102 credit cards? They ask you about it and how do you respond that doesn't sound like you're a scam artist if they even bother to ask?

I don't even know why some one who plays poker wouldn't just grind another 20-30 hours a year and not bother with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, why would you get mail if you don't want it? Hello 2007! I don't receive ANY bills in the mail.

Second, it won't take a significant amount of time to do. 1-2 hours a month isn't going to kill anyone. After the first month you can even automate everything. Not everyone can makes $200/hr, nor is grinding considered as "better" by everyone. $6k is actually a low figure if you've been building your credit for a while. It's not hard to get 300k in personal credit and a few hundred thousand more in business credit.

Finally, this isn't for someone that is going to look for a job right now nor will the company care that you have 129038102 credit cards... they will only care that your debt-to-credit ratio is high. If you do it correctly, your credit won't take a big hit and you can return it to your previous score within 12 months. Again, you would have to be stupid to do an app-o-rama before needing a loan or getting a job.

Please stop pulling [censored] out of your ass like Henry. Everyone is "up in arms" because he's a troll that can't imagine people making less than him.