View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: PAHUD wanting to connect to the internet

[ QUOTE ]
But allowing PAHUD to connect to the internet and verify itself ensures that is legitimate and not a hacked/pirated/etc. version.

[/ QUOTE ]
in fact it's the other way. You allow some application (PAHUD here) to communicate without knowing if it's legitimate.
Correct me if wrong but AFAIK Pahud doesn't use any kind of certificate.

In fact you may be using a pirated version that reports itself to some shady people. If you don't verify that it communicates with PAHUD author (his IPs) it can be communicating with a hacker as well.

You know there's a version that doesn't connect openly to the servers, do you (I don't recommend anyone using this version, I only mention that there is).
(I don't use any becuase I don't want to allow legal version to communicate nor want to have some illigal version that can comunicate in some secret way).

[ QUOTE ]
(they mention disabling installations if you install on over two computers), but I have seen no evidence of this. It can look to see if there is an update, but you can enable/disable this.

[/ QUOTE ]
there are many sw developers that claim such a thing but usually you can go with few computers (they don't want all that hassle with every second user). They have it there if you share your keys they don't need to argue if you use dial-up about IP addresses.
They show you "7.35 your serial was connected from 2 IP addresses at once" and you serial is canceled. That's the purpose of that "only one computer" in most cases.