View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Cheating at Bellagio Poker Room

Rather than fill up the WPDG e-mails, although I'm sure that will happen soon enough, I will say my thought's here David.

You did the right thing by contacting the GCB, since that's the most efficient way to do something. You're 45 minutes of watching them amounts to... 30 hands at most, probably closer to 20. So "every time he raised" amounts to at most 3 or 4 times, right. Plus if she knows to always call his raise, he doesn't need to be signaling. It's only if he's on her left that any of the signals you talk about are in any way necessary.

So what we have so far is you observing, at most 4 times, a "cheating" action which is useless. Then you observe one questionable move. The one move they make, risks a combined $640 for a net win of $60. Then you observe the couple, who are "regulars" getting upset that they aren't allowed to play together, which presumably they have been able to do for a while, since they are regulars.

I think you probably have a good sense of sniffing things out, and I trust your judgment, and despite what I said, I think you are probably right that they are cheating. BUT the two important things to remember are: 1) they clearly suck at it and are very exploitable in the way they do it, and 2) as you said, Tommy also lost 2 buy ins in what must have been less than 2 hours (based on the figures you have provided) waiting for the table change.

That being said, I'm glad you contacted Gaming and are trying to make the room a fair and good place to play.

Edit: Plus, you said you DID get them barred from the property (even if they helped!). I don't see how you can be so upset about the way things went down when your evidence is slim at best.