View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#5 - Arizona State (2-0): Two big wins over two bad teams. The run defense has been stifling, holding both opponents under two yards per carry. This team could be 7-0 before they play Cal, @ Oregon, @ UCLA, and USC, but I'd still like to see what they do against someone with a pulse first. Carpenter has been solid, but not spectacular considering the hype and the opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did kill a team at home who beat a team at home who played a team you have ranked 2nd sort of tough IIRC. Transitive property, sort of joking. Colorado may be terrible or not... I do not know.

[/ QUOTE ]
As for your transitive property, that's one of the perils of week two analysis. Does Colorado State beat Houston in two weeks, while Cal returns to form and blows out LA Tech next Saturday? If so, maybe Colorado's OT win isn't a huge black mark, and ASU's win over the Buffaloes is valuable. Colorado vs. Florida State will also help decipher the situation. ASU can definitely gain a lot more ground in my mind through OTHER teams winning than they can by winning themselves next week. For the moment, though, I'm going to look at the fact that Cal was up 34-14 before CSU scored twice in the last four minutes, and continue to assume both Colorado schools suck until proven otherwise.