View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: silentbob\'s Week 13 player props thread

Three more bets I like this week:

Fred Taylor under 78.5 rushing yards at -130 for 2 units. The perennial fantasy football tease has had a decent year but is splitting carries with Jones-Drew. Miami has a strong rush defense. The Jaguars may be playing from behind and passing more.

Rex Grossman under 233.5 passing yards at -120 for 1 unit. Lovie Smith is losing some faith in the passing game, he kept running against the Patriots even though the Bears were behind for most of the game. The forecast in Chicago calls for sub-freezing temperatures and 15 to 25 mph winds. The Vikings are much stronger against the run, but this doesn't sound like passing weather to me. And if the Bears jump ahead, which is quite possible, they will go ultra-conservative on offense.

Drew Brees under 24.5 pass completions at -130 for 1 unit. Stupid Bodog changed the juice on me from -120. There has been a fairly strong correlation between his passing attempts and yards and the opponent. Against weaker teams, the Saints don't need to pass as much. The 49ers will try to grind the clock with a heavy dose of Frank Gore. They also can't stop the run, which may mean we'll see more Deuce/Bush than in previous weeks.

Good luck to all.