View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: The Trip-Hop/Chill/Dream Pop thread

OK, some takes on some of the songs in here so far.

Massive Attack -- Their music seems like a good example of the genre, but it doesn't really make me want to move. In contrast to, say, Portishead's Glory Box, which features a lot of build up and release, their music stays pretty cool and flat. Nothing wrong with that, but not what I'm looking for here.

Portishead -- Glory Box is the main reason why I'm in this thread. Love that song. I hadn't really listened to much of their other stuff, though. Roads was pretty decent. Sour Times I wasn't really familiar with, but I think I might have heard it somewhere. I can't place it, though. That was my second favorite of Dom's links, although its tempo was a little too quick for me to want to spin it at a dance or something.

Hooverphonic -- I liked 2Wicky. It doesn't quite grip me like Glory Box, but it's good. I'll consider buying that one. The other track didn't interest me as much for the same reasons as the stuff from Massive Attack.

Zero 7 -- I've heard In the Waiting Line before, and it's pretty good. This is another one I might consider picking up. Home was interesting, but not as much music that'd get me dancing.

Air -- Playground Love was interesting, but most of their music is again not quite what I'm looking for.