View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Ban effect on CP?

I'm fairly anti-government, but this is a public health issue. I feel the government is well within its right to tell a minority of the population that they can't go around giving cancer and heart disease to anybody who happens to be in a public place when they want to feed their drug addiction. Besides, these things are voted upon somewhere. They're not executive orders.

I also wouldn't be upset if someone made a law prohibiting heroin addicts from sticking me with needles.

Really, all of you with the various anti-ban arguments and talking about free market, etc... look at all the areas who did this decades ago. Been there. It's better with a ban, it really is.

Just think of it this way... as a customer you have freedom and a choice to go somewhere else. As an employee, not so much. "Oh, get another job!" Uh, yeah, sure, but if almost everywhere has smoking because they're afraid to annoy some nic-fitting addicts, where do these people go? Uproot and move somewhere else? What kind of productive effect will that have?

Bans are good. Embrace them. EVERYTHING smells better.