View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 1/2 I didn\'t feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking mysel

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see why you didn't like this one. The Ace on the river means about nothing to us, so if we're calling here, we'd have to call a 2hearts or whatever as well.

Were you going to call a $100 bet if a spade river came?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ace on the river doesn't change my hands strentgh, since I doubt Q7 is in his range, so the only hand I improved on was KK which doesn't seem likely

however I think the ace does change the dynamics of the river a little, because I could easily call call with AA, which obviously loves that river, which might make him less likely to continue a bluff, however it could convince him to bluff again thinking its a scare card and see if he can get me off KQ or QJ

another possibility is that he has the NFD and puts me on a Q and decides to make a big valuebet

I don't know what my plan was going to be if he bet 100 on a spade river, I think the smaller spades are actually more dangerous in that spot as he could also hit a boat with his sml pair that failed to bet me off my hand, but the bigger ones T, J, K, A are probably cards he bluffs more often than having a flush