View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Does poker consume your life?

[ QUOTE ]
I am a low mid stakes grinder who makes in the neighborhood of 45k a year. However, I am in school getting my degree. Poker does consume my life but, I feel that it is benefiting me so much more than not and I make 1/10 what you make. My day looks a lot like yours only I have a lot of GF time packed in their. I probably play in the neighborhood of 20 hours a week. You have to look at poker objectively and as a gift. I look at many of my friends who work 30-40 hour weeks and are full time students and make a week what I make on a given night. Plus they have student loans out the ass. Their lives are a grind. We grind for fun.

You have so much more money than 99.99999999% of people at your age. This means you can do 99.9999999% more than most your age. You can go on any vacation you want. You can buy a very nice home and buy cars like its nothing. If you quit poker today and invested all of your money, when you retire at 65ish you will have an obscene amount.

I think the key is to enjoy the life you have and look at what you have done for yourself. You have so many more options than almost anyone at your age. So basically what Im saying is poker consuming your life is not a bad thing unless you think it is. If you think its a bad thing...quit and take a tour of the world; then buy a house. Like any job poker requires sacrifice. Giving up a weekend of binge drinking in order to better yourself financially cant be a bad thing can it?

Enjoy yourself, enjoy your money and if you are no longer enjoying poker...stop and buy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same. Gl man,