View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

[ QUOTE ]
it was a $100 SNG which I agree makes an $80 tip for an hour worth of work pretty crazy but the other player didn't say anything and I didn't feel like being a dick so i said "oh ok.....thats cool i guess" in a very sarcastic tone... from now on, if a floorman ever does that again im gonna say...thank you, now i won't tip him at all...ship it!

[/ QUOTE ]

If a floor tried to take that kind of a tip out of a 1 hour, $100 SNG then there's no way I would do it. That's pretty damn excessive.
$80 for a 1 hour tourney? wow. No way I would let them pressure me into doing that.

Only floor-pressure I have had from a tourney was when I cashed in 8th place or something in a 60 or 70 player tourney. I only got $150 which was more than most had paid in this $35 rebuy tourney but still wasn't exactly a huge profit.
When I went up to collect my winnings the floor politely asked if I would like to leave a tip for the dealers who worked this tourney and I gave him $20.
I'm not a big fan of even doing it that way either but it's not quite the same as tipping the dealer personally in a cash-game and some people do forget about it. Plus, the guy floor was extremely polite about it without really 'pressuring' so I didn't feel he was really over-the-line.

But taking $40 from each player who cashes in a SNG and TELLING you that it's your tip for the dealers is incredibly inappropriate.