View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Site with trip reports to minor and major league stadiums

There is an A-ball team in Burlington, IA called the Bees. I spent the better part of my youth at the park and around the team. They play in the midwest league and I actually got to go see them play Appleton, WI when A-Rod played for a few months with them.

Community Stadium is pretty standard, however it has a different feel than most other minor league games I have been to because the town is only about 30.000 people. They have a pretty loyal fan base and of course my favorite part of Minor league games, the promos and gimmicks. Their tickets are dirt cheap so it is a pretty economical way for my friends and I to spend a summer afternoon/night

Also, O'Brian Field in Peoria Illinois is a great ball park. It is relatively new and a great place to catch a game. Ryne Sandburg is their manager right now and big-leaguers seem to always do rehab stints there which I think is pretty fun to watch. I have only seen a couple games at O'brian so I am not as familiar with it, but even though, I highly recommend it.