View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Day 7 - WSOP ME Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rizen pushes all in for around 1.7m against gold when gold makes a big raise pf to around 500k with A6o when gold had TT.

i'm thinking wtf...you have to know there was no FE against gold in that spot...and gold wins another big pot, obv.

again, when the fireworks fly and you're nothing but card dead, you can't really do much...i whittle down to around under 3 million and keep on struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone always gets this wrong. I had over 2.5 million to start this hand, and my raise was for over 2 million more. I definitely have fold equity here if he doesn't have a real hand. Based on prior play with him in previous days I felt he could lay down here, after seeing the rest of how he played the final couple of days I probably misjudged that. But knowing what I knew at the time, I feel it was a fine play and would do it again.

You should know I had more than 1.7 million at this point, as I'd just won a huge pot off you when you folded to my river push [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

touche, i was going based on cardplayer counts.

i still don't agree that pushing against a massive chip leader who was willing to call big bets on several occasions full well knowing he was behind to send a message was a bad idea.

are you rizen on pstars?