View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: The Ceiling Concept

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are wrong if you think that the stock market and poker are different. I think they are very much the same, obvs they have huge differences but the principle of both is similar. Very similar

[/ QUOTE ]

versa but not visa, in other words stock traders seem to be able to become good poker players, wheras there is a lot of evidence that the converse is not as true.

I think you skipped my main point. If there was only one Warren Buffet type guy in the stock market he could make all the money he would ever need, if there was only one Doyle Brunson who would play in the big game he would be lonely and make nada.

Quant funds buy and sell based on math formulaes, unfortunately it turns out most of them using different formulaes come up with the same stocks to buy and to sell at about the same times. So they drive prices up higher for each other when buying and drive them down faster and lower than normal when selling. So they would rather be alone thanhave others at the big boys table and like I said in Poker this will not work without other major players in the game as well.

Just one more thing, a billion dollars is small these days, so 400 million isn't hardly noticed on the major exchanges. This doesn't change your point, just your decimal places.

Jimbo